When do I start treatment?

Hello Firstly, thank you so much for this great resource. I was diagnosed on 9th June 2012, and I am 100% certain that the date of infection was 29th April. My cd4 count is 334 and 29%. I have not been advised of my VL, and am being tested again on 23rd June. All I read tells me that I should be starting treatment now, but my Doctor says no. I am very confused and worried. What is your advice?

Current US treatment guidelines largely recommend treatment for all individuals, irrespective of CD4 count. The recommendation for starting is even stronger yet for individuals with CD4s less than 350 (like you).

The timing to start with CD4s in your range isn't an emergency, but rather one that should take time for counseling and education; my guess is that your doctor is running additional testing (including repeating the CD4 for confirmatory reasons).

In the meanwhile, invest this time in learning about your options and about strategies to be as adherent as possible to your medications. Know that staying in care, staying adherent to your medications is the best way to insure your long term health.

Be well, BY

Truvada and boosted Reyataz...and tobacco.
sunburn anx meds?