On PEP, Truvada Kaletra, Missed 1 dose of Kaletra
Jun 15, 2012
last night i missed 1 dose of kaletra and went to bed. When i woke up i continued as normal with dosing Truvada and Kaletra. I am 13 days in and started PEP 16 hours after exposure. Will that missed dose of Kaletra make a difference and allow the virus to take hold? What should i do?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Missing a single dose of your Kaletra won't have any significant impact on the effectiveness of PEP. Indeed, Kaletra can be taken once-daily, so should this happen again, I'd consider taking all of your meds (Truvada + Kaletra) together.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.