Complera and diet

Can I take herbal diet tea while I'm on complera? Or how many calorie I have to consume while taking complera? Is that ok if I do the one time meal, is it safe for me while I'm on complere

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question.

The Complera should be taken with a meal of at least 400 calories, something chewed (that is not a protein shake). The Complera website (http://www.complera.com/hiv-treatment-diet) gives some examples of the type of meal that would meet the needs.

The herbal tea should not be a problem as long as you also ate some food with it, it would not be enough of a meal by itself.

Joe

Doubt about first HIV symptoms
Anxiety and Depression worse since using Isentress and Truvada