stress and confuse

in just found out after being with my daughter father for 15yr that he is hiv+ i went and got tested it was negitive i am, so scared my daughter is 9 what should i do i am so mad at him i could kill him he knew sine two yrs i been with him but he never told me i had to hear it from a doctor telling him in the hospital when he was addmitted what should i do ? i have to get tested in three month how do i tell my kids ? can my 9yr old be positive? we been to the doctor alot for her blood work and check up if she was positive they would let me know rite ? i am so confuse and scared rite now and on top of it he want to still keep it a secreat from his family please help me i think i am going to in a depression mode i dont eat or sleep for the last 3weeks since i found out we still live to gether but i hate him so much .

Hi I'm sorry to hear you are in this situation! The man who infected me knew he was positive as well and chose not to tell me! Good news is if your 3 month test comes back negative then so are you and so is your daughter! I would wait to see what your test results are before going into details with you daughter. There should be a time that comes that you tell your daughter about her dad and I'm sure after some initial anger she will be able to deal with it. Thankfully most kids are resilient and want to make sure their parents are healthy. Once you get past the anger and you will you can choose how to move forward. I cannot tell you why your partner chose not to tell you it could have been his way of handling it, and granted yes not the best way to do this. Going through this will hopefully help him be in a better place of handling it.

Be well and hang in, Shannon

missed atripla for 7 days
Hiv symptoms after 3 months