missed atripla for 7 days

Greetings doc. I have been on atripla for about a year now, never missed a dose and it has worked well for me. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, i have had to miss dosage for 7 days. Because it has been so good and convinient for me, i wouldnt want to change to another drug. Am almost in love with atripla ( not that i have a choice ) 1. is there a possibility that i may not develop resistance to it and 2. are there any known cases of people missing doses for that long then restart without developing resistance? 3. in case of ressistance, what drug would you recommend that is almost as good and convinient as atripla. 4. If it become necesary to change to a new drug, what are the risks involed; will the drugs work as well as the first one it terms of life expectancy being as normal as possible. thank you for your works.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Worry not; fortunately, since you had an undetectable viral load and stopped all three of your HIV medications simultaneously, there's very little risk of developing drug resistance. Indeed, such a single circumstance (while not perfect and maybe not ideal), doesn't cause problems. If it did, we'd have a huge problem in the community.

Nevertheless, if it helps assuage your fears, there are very good second-line treatment options for people who experiences drug resistance after failure of something like Atripla.

I hope that helps, BY

Changing drugs when VL is below detectable.
stress and confuse