|If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv?
Jun 9, 2012
Hello. I have a test after one year of having unprotected sex. I went for the rapid test in a GUM clinic and it came out negative. However, during that time, I was taking antibiotic. Does this affect the result? Is rapid test reliable? If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv virus?
| Response from Dr. Young
Antibiotics do not affect HIV test results. A negative test after 1 year is definite. You're negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Negative Cut Off Means On Hiv Test?
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Testing
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Penis?
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.