|If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv?
Jun 9, 2012
Hello. I have a test after one year of having unprotected sex. I went for the rapid test in a GUM clinic and it came out negative. However, during that time, I was taking antibiotic. Does this affect the result? Is rapid test reliable? If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv virus?
| Response from Dr. Young
Antibiotics do not affect HIV test results. A negative test after 1 year is definite. You're negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Negative Cut Off Means On Hiv Test?
- What Does It Mean To Be Hiv Negative?
- If I Don't Have Tuberculosis Does That Mean I Could Also Be Hiv Negative?
- When Should I Take An HIV Test?
- What Factors Contribute To High Risks Of AIDS?
- Can I Get Hiv If I Had Unprotected Sex With A Girl On Her Menstral Cycle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.