If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv?
Jun 9, 2012
Hello. I have a test after one year of having unprotected sex. I went for the rapid test in a GUM clinic and it came out negative. However, during that time, I was taking antibiotic. Does this affect the result? Is rapid test reliable? If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv virus?
Response from Dr. Young
Antibiotics do not affect HIV test results. A negative test after 1 year is definite. You're negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Shingles Occur On Both Sides Of The Face?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Chlamydia Look Like On A Man?
- Washing Techniques For Genital Herpes
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- What Is The Most Common Symptom Of Gonorrhea In Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.