hiv meds

I take Reyataz only and maintain an undetectable viral load and a t count that fluctuates from 350 to 580. I also take metformin and lisinopril. I am doing really well. What do you think of my regimen and is there anything you would do to boost the T cells?

Hi and thanks for posting.

Do I understand correctly? Only atazanavir (Reyataz)? No Norvir, no Truvada, just Reyataz? Did your doctor prescribe only 1 HIV medication, or did you come to this on your own?

I'd consider myself very lucky if you've been able to maintain an undetectable HIV viral load with just this. Like many HIV medications, atazanavir is only one tiny gene mutation away from not working; worse, if that should happen, a cascade of additional mutations likely follow, risking resistance to most of the other protease inhibitors.

You're worried about boosting your already-normal CD4s? Seems misplaced to me. I'm worried for you and the possibility of future treatment failure. You're already taking diabetes and high blood pressure medications- diseases that can be made a lot worse with HIV and vice versa.

I'd really suggest talking to your doctor and case manager about your regimen. BY

Wheatgrass and Atripla
If you're tested negative, does it mean you don't have hiv?