six weeks on Truvada/Isentress
Jun 7, 2012
After 6 weeks on the Truvada/Isentress combo my numbers have gone from 350 to 550 CD4 and from 9000 to 60 VL. The side effects are very minimal/none. I was very scared as a treatment naive patient and overly informed as a scientist with access to journals (sometimes we are our own worst enemy arent we?). I just thought I would get it out there to others who are nervous about starting... that hey I am doing ok and heres to better living through chemistry!
Response from Dr. Young
Hi there and thanks for sharing your great tale.
Fortunately, your experience isn't unusual at all. Today's first-line HIV regimens are well tolerated and really work.
So, back at ya. Here's to better life (and health), BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.