Jun 5, 2012
I know that Maraviroc is an option for me. I am wondering if it is considered hard on the liver? Which drug would be harder on my liver, Maraviroc or Nevirapine? I have severe fibrosis. I value your option. thanks, liver worried.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello worried and thanks for posting.
Maraviroc is generally a very well tolerated HIV medication; it's not thought to be "hard" on the liver. Indeed, in one thought provoking study, adding maraviroc to a otherwise suppressive treatment regimen actually resulted in improvement in liver fibrosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rubbing Penis Safe?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.