Jun 5, 2012
I know that Maraviroc is an option for me. I am wondering if it is considered hard on the liver? Which drug would be harder on my liver, Maraviroc or Nevirapine? I have severe fibrosis. I value your option. thanks, liver worried.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello worried and thanks for posting.
Maraviroc is generally a very well tolerated HIV medication; it's not thought to be "hard" on the liver. Indeed, in one thought provoking study, adding maraviroc to a otherwise suppressive treatment regimen actually resulted in improvement in liver fibrosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can I Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.