hiv medication

Hello Doctor, i have herpes zoster for the second time.my cd4 is 250.my doctor has suggested me deuvir n as my first hiv medicine after i am treated for herpes which is almost cured in 2 weeks time.is it ok to begin my hiv treatment with deuvir n?

Hello and thanks for posting.

From the medications that you've listed, it's clear that you don't live in North America or Western Europe.

With your CD4 count (and probably the history of herpes zoster), it's time to start HIV medications. Duovir-N (AZT,3TC and nevirapine) was once a often prescribed medication, but has fallen from favor here because of better tolerated NRTIs and more effective NNRTIs. However, having said that, if other regimens are not available (such as tenofovir-based NRTIs or efavirenz (Stocrin)), then I want you to be clear that it's better to start on Duovir-N than not (or to wait for the availability of other medications).

It's really important that when you start to have a good communication with your doctors and stay as adherent to your medications as possible. If you develop side effects, be sure to communicate your concerns to your doctors quickly.

I hope that helps. Write back anytime. BY

prevention / protection after rape
Burning Urine