The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Shingles or Syphilis?
Jun 3, 2012

Hello everyone, a friend of mine has started breaking out with Rashes on one side of his body. It started with two bumps on his back. As they were healing, it had honey colored crust around the scabs. When they finally healed, a cluster of small bumps appeared on his upper thigh. Now, a rash has appeared on his belly and started to spread to his pubic area. Along with these rashes, he's been having headaches, chills, fatigue, and joint aches as well. He also told me that he's experienced some tingling around the area on his back where a rash is located. Can someone help me understand what my friend my have? I have pictures that I could send, to show how the rashes look.

Response from Dr. Young


Sounds like your friend has shingles. Shingles is one of the very few things that causes a rash only on one side of the body.

He should get in contact with his doctor or urgent care center.


receptive anal without a condom
Is there a relationship

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint