Dr. Young, so do i need to repeat the testing for my 3 and half year old. I want to put an end to this night mare.

Dr. Young, Thanks for your answer. Actually if i had your email id i would have attached the report and sent it to you.

Thank you very much for your answer. One last question i have is 5 month 20 days on her western blot accurate? This is for my 3 and half year old and do i need to repeat the testing, assuming if the elisa or any other screening test came reactive?

I want to put an end to my sleepless nights and do what is necessary based on your advice.

Or just forget about it? Please advice.

This is my previous questions to you.

Here is what the report says, test name: HIV AB, HIV1/HIV2 Western Blot, Immunoblot(Final).

Then the report says as HIV WB Interp NEGATIVE and then it says HIV2 Antibody, IMMUNOBLOT NEGATIVE. This is exactly how the result looks like.

So do you think that her elisa was positive? or was just a western blot ordered. I called the nurse last week, she says she doesnt know and i see in the report that HIV1 and HIV2 serology(86703)has been ordered or called for. Does that mean elisa was done? If her ELISA was positive, then why does it not show in the report. Do i need to worry if her elisa was positive?

Or do you think was it just the western blot/immunoblot that was ordered. follow up on test result concern. very much worried.

Now i am getting more worried as to what to do?

Below was my previous question.

This is a follow up question for the previous answer about the test concern i had.

follow up on test result concern. very much worried. May 28, 2012 Thanks so much for your answer and time.

This test is for my 3 and half year old. We are perfectly healthy, the reason the pediatrician and we got tested is because of a blood contamination incident that happened in a genetic clinic.

The results are HIV WB INTERP NEGATIVE and HIV1 ANTIBODY, IMMUNOBLOT NEGATIVE.

After that incident she is always getting cold, runny nose and cough, i am taking to the doctor two times a month. before that rarely remember taking her to a doctor, i used to take her once every 6 months.

I do not think an elisa was ordered, according to the report it says in the report it says HIV AB, HIV1/HIV2, westernblot/immunoblot(final).

So can i trust the reliability of the test kit result when it says that this is not cleared or approved by FDA or do you recommend one more test, considering she is a three and half year old?

Your expert thought mean so much to me.

Thank you,

Below was my previous question. test result concern. very much worried. May 27, 2012 Dr,

In the report of the recent test which was done at 5 months 20 days after the incident.

I tried to call the doctor office and ask the nurse if elisa was done, she says she doesn't know and that HIV AB, HIV1/HIV2, westernblot/immunoblot(final) is the panel they ordered.

The results are HIV1 negative and HIV2 negative. But under each of those result in that report it says "This test has been done by a kit that has not been federally approved or cleared by the FDA. The analytical performance characteristics of this test has been determined by Quest Diagnostics Nichols institute San Juan Capistrano. This test should not be used for diagnosis without confirmation by other medically established means.

Do i need to be concerned that the test kit is not FDA approved or cleared?

Hi and thanks for posting.

No, you don't need to be concerned. You're HIV negative.

BY

Hi again,

The HIV AB test is an ELISA. I have no doubt of it's reliability, but if you have persistent concerns about your child's symptoms, the thing to do isn't to restrict your looking glass to a HIV test, but rather communicate to the child's doctor about the symptoms.

Runny noses and colds and coughs can be very common among toddlers, so in isolation, these symptoms alone don't raise much concern to this adult doctor (and parent/grandparent).

Be well, BY

Thanks so much, i will wait to hear from you if her tests needs to repeated?

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Q222559.html

Hello again,

No further testing is needed. A western blot test at 5 months, 20 days is definitive.

Sleep well. BY

Stocrin vs Sustiva
Recommended First Line Therapy For Primary Infection