Stocrin vs Sustiva
May 31, 2012
Is there a difference between the medicines Stocrin and Sustiva? My Doctor prescribed Stocrin but my insurance company said that they did not have that medication and recommended Sustiva.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Stocrin and Sustiva are both brand names for efavirenz. The manufacturer uses different names in different countries-- Sustiva is used in the United States, Stocrin is used in most other countries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.