burning in urethra tip.
May 29, 2012
For the last 10 months, i have this burning in urethra in spite of 3 courses of antibiotics. Can you please advise about any medicine for this? Tests for HIV are negative but feverishness continues. Do you advise retesting? -126
Response from Dr. McGowan
There are a couple of possibilities:
1) you may have herpes (HSV) infection, which wouold not be cured by antibiotics.
2) You may have a sexually tranmitted infection, such as chlamydia, in which your partner(s) and you are not coordinating treatment so that you are getting re-infected.
3) You may have a kidney stone which is trying to pass...is there any microscopic blood in the urine?
Discuss above with your doc.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- What Is The Hpv Titer Blood Test?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- What If Chlamydia Doesn't Go Away?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.