hiv through chapped lips
May 29, 2012
Hi Dr. i am from Switzerland. My lipes are too chapped and some blood is come out from it once day in restaurant i eat a burger after i found that a small fresh cut is present on the waters hand. my question is that his(waters) blood is attached to the burger then am i at a risk of hiv infection during eating a burger through my chapped lips?
Response from Dr. McGowan
NO, this would not be considered a risk for acquiring HIV. You would need direct contact with the waiter, HIV does not survive well in the environment, especially not on a cooked hamburger.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Age And Rapid HIV Progression Without Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.