pain management drug test marinol and marijuana

I have a couple health problems i have degenerative joint disease and take vicodin for it from a pain management doctor. i am also diabetic and have chronic pancreatitus and gastroparesis and neuropathy in my legs and feet. Ihave been prescribed marinol for my severe nausea and vomiting from the gastroparesis i have also tried smoking the real thing(marijuana) and find it works best on my really bad days of severe nausea and also with my neuropathy. I live in a state that is not a medical marijuana state and i have to take random drug tests for my pain management for my vicodin for my degenerative joint disease. Can the drug tests i take for pain management differentiate between marinol and marijuana or does it just come up positive for both and since i have the prescription for marinol be safe?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your health difficulties. Drug tests do not discriminate between dronabinol (Marinol) and marijuana.

I can't speak to your "safety", but a prescription for Marinol is usually sufficient to explain a positive drug test. You'd have to verify this with the agencie who's looking at your drug tests.

Good luck, BY

follow up on test result concern. very much worried.
MY LAST OPTIONS FOR NOW