Kidney monitor

Hello Doc.. I'm 40 yo, male and on truvada+ isentress for almost 5 month. My previous result CD4 : 503/21% and VL < 40. I have to see my doctor regularly every 3 month and do the blood test as well. Is it enough to monitor your kidney function just from the blood test? I noted that my urine is always foamy.. Is it a sign that there is something wrong with my kidney? I'm very concerned about this because I'm taking Truvada

Thank You...

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you're on a good regimen and are linked to routine follow up.

It's recommended that kidney function be checked both by blood tests (creatinine) and urinalysis (looking for protein in the urine).

Foamy urine could be the result of several things, but could be a sign of protein leakage.

I'd get this evaluated at your next appointment-- it's not an emergency by any means, just something that's part of good medical housekeeping.

Be well, BY

started on pep yesterday - advice please
Should I buy the meds? Or research?