Will the post exposure prophylaxis delay the validity of the TEST?

Dr. Young, please offer me an answer based on the latest research. I have a risky event (brief oral sex)on March 19, 2012 with a person who told me after the fact that he is HIV+ (positive). He performed oral sex on me and I performed it reciprocally. I took antiretroviral therapy (cocktail therapy that includes tenofovir (truvada),lamivudine and kaletra)for 2 days, 3 days for tenofovir. I stopped after my family physician indicated that I can stop by concluding that the risk to me contracting HIV is ncredibly low (in her words verbatim) I was tested HIV-(negative) for both NAAT/RNA(PCR) test and RAPID HIV TEST 4 weeks and 3 days (after the exposure. Again, I was tested HIV-(negative) for both NAAT/RNA (PCR) test and rapid HIV test 7 weeks and 3 days after the exposure. Am I conclusively AND definitively HIV negative? Or do I have to wait for 3 months and 6 months to get tested for ELISA and rapid HIV test as well as NAAT?RNA (PCR)test to be almost 100% certain?

Hi and thanks for posting.

First off, your exposure was very, very low risk.

Second, a PCR test 1 month after exposure is pretty darn good evidence that you don't have HIV.

Third, conclusive AND definite? Well, if that be the case, I'd be looking for the negative antibody test at 3 months. That's because the HIV RNA PCR test was never really proven(validated) as a test to diagnose HIV.

BY

HIV test
started on pep yesterday - advice please