acute hiv symptoms after testing positive

I tested positive 5 days ago after being consistently exposed for some 4 months from the beginning of the year, practicing unsafe sex. My boyfriend is still not tested yet but is the only one I've done unprotected sex with so I am pretty sure how and when I've got it. I've been having what I was told is balanitis caused by candida (treated, still not gone)for 2 months now. But what is making me crazy are the seroconversion symptoms that started last week - including rashes and lichen planus like spots on my hands, rushes on the hands especially when i wake up, night sweats, headache, physical weakness, and enlarged nodes. Is it normal to have acute HIV symptoms 3 or 4 months after infecting and days after testing positive? I will have my other tests done next week but this is really freaking me out. Excuse my English, it's not my native language.

Hello and sorry to hear about your test results.

While you can't have "acute symptoms" more than 3 months after exposure (ie., you're past the point of acute infection), you could certainly have HIV symptoms (i.e, those of chronic infection).

If you are indeed having persistent symptoms, irrespective of when you might have been infected, or the time since your known diagnosis, you should contact your HIV care provider- it would certainly be reasonable to have this conversation when you get your additional tests done.

No need to freak out, but time to take control of your health and take any necessary steps.

Be well and write back anytime, BY

test result concern. very much worried.
HIV test