inquiry

good day! I am HIV positive man since December 97 and once I started treating my viral load has been undetectable when, after dropping the first 50 to 40 and in the last 10 years has always been a log 20 copies and 1.30 do not know what which means very good! the latest analysis showed some reference values ââoutside the range and liked to give me your opinion! erythrocytes: 4.16 x 10 12 / L hematocrit: 39.3% HGM: PG 32.9 gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) 104 IU / L lactic dehydrogenase (LDH) 353 IU / L uric acid: 3.4 MG / DL glucose: 122 mg / dL

What about the other results are within the reference values

78% CD3 absolute value: 2028 38% CD3 and CD4 absolute value: 1016 38% CD3 and CD8 absolute value: 938

you would be very grateful if you could help me by giving me your opinion and whether or not I should keep the treatment and also that whether this change in valuesââ! The procedure to do now is:

200mg/245 Truvada one compresse per day Telzir a 700mg compresse 2times days Norvir a 10mg compresse 2times days

Hello and thank you for posting from Portugal.

Your labs are generally within acceptable ranges. There are some abnormalities worth discussing. The GGT is a measure of liver irritation, it's mildly elevated, but you didn't mention (therefore, I'll assume normal values) AST or ALT. If this is the case, the GGT elevation is probably not of great significance.

The lactate dehydrogenase level is also moderately elevated. This is usually asymptomatic and the result of either liver, gall bladder or bone (but usually not treatment) issues.

Lastly, your glucose is moderately elevated- the significance depends on whether these tests were drawn while you were fasting (not having anything to eat for ~8-10 hours). If these were fasting labs, then this is suggestive of insulin resistance and possible diabetes.

The other tests refer to the T cells in your blood. CD3 is a marker of all T cells; CD3+CD4 is more commonly called the CD4 percentage (38%) and absolute (1016) values. Yours are very healthy.

Based on these lab values, your treatment regimen appears to be working very well and I see no immediate reason to change. You can read on these pages many circumstances for switching treatment- namely when newer, better tolerated or easier to take regimens become available. However, one needs to balance the ongoing success of your current regimen with the risks (even if low) of new side effects or toxicity of new regimens before switching off something that appears to be working well.

I hope that helps, BY

wrong dossage
effectiveness of first line ART