timing of taking meds

Dear Doc,

My HIV is UD and I am fortunate to maintain normal CD4 and lab/urine results.

I am taking Kivexa and Stocrin and can vary my daily intake of my meds within a 5 hr window (ie normally at 10:00pm but often the time can be around 3:00am).

I am aware that one does not need to take one's meds exactly at the same time every night but is a 5 hr window still OK to remain in good health and keep the virus suppressed? Is your answer also applicable for all other once daily meds?

Thank you

Singapore

Hello and thanks for posting.

One doesn't need to be precise about the exact timing of taking a once-daily medication regimen. While I'd feel a little uncomfortable with a frequent 5 hour variation in dosing of your once-daily medications (especially while initiating treatment), if your viral load is undetectable, there's probably little harm.

BY

Chlamydia or Gonorrhea
TEMPETURE OF MY BODY