After 5 years...

Hi from Turkey..! hiv lives with me for 5 years now im also in treatment for 4 years and cd4 and viral load going great together.. my health is fine and i wish i wont have any serious complications. My q is: i would like to know growing old process with hiv. first 5 years has passed and i wanna know if anything specific waiting for me? im 35 years old woman mrried with a negative (for now) man with no kids yet... i think im a little bit nervous about another 5 or 10 years with hiv and just need a little bit light from you... thanks... Isil

Hi Isil and thanks for posting from Turkey.

It's good to hear that your health is good and that you're on a well tolerated HIV medical regimen.

There's much written about HIV and aging- there are concerns about premature aging and possibly special risks for heart, kidney, liver, cognitive and bone health, to name a few. That said, I expect all of my patients to live essentially normal life spans with excellent quality of life.

Best of health to you, BY

Switch to dual therapy?
Low CD4