May 23, 2012
sir i was diagnise with PCP in Nov 2010 and started ARV with combination of zidoviudine+lamiviudine+nevirapine when my cd4 was 57.In june 2011 cd4 was 204 and in dec 2011 it was 254. i i did not have any infection of any kind during this period.please tell me how many years i live.i m from india
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting from India.
It would appear that you've had an excellent response to treatment.
For HIV+ persons who have stay adherent and in care and have access to medications, I'd expect essentially a normal life span.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.