May 20, 2012
They said once you are TPHA positive it is for a lifetime.i am THPA positive (+) 3.247 cov. 0.473 and somebody told me the treatment is usually a series of injections of penicillin; once a week for 3 weeks.can u advise me what to do?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
TPHA is a test that indicates syphilis infection. Injectable penicillin is the drug of choice, and a series of 3 weekly injections is used for treatment of latent syphilis; the exact treatment depends on a variety of circumstances.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.