abnormal heartbeat

Hi, I'm 33 and I got infected in May 2011.

I started treatment two months after infection with Isentress and truvada and went undetectable, CD4 600.

I started to feel psychologically better and I well tolerated the meds. Things have changed since November since then I started to feel an abnormal strong heartbeat. I went to the cardiologist, got all type of tests and the doctor said my heart is all good, that my arrhythmia is quite common and not to worry. I wish i could but it makes me anxious to feet my heart that strong to the point my stomach bounces sometimes. I'm suspicious, due to the time, that it has to do with the meds. My primary doctor told me my meds are not associated with arrythmias. My question is would it be smart to change medication and see if the strong heartbeat goes away? if so, what medication would be better? Any idea why this is happening to me since not heart history in my family? I'm very worry how things are changing in me even though i'm pushing myself to believe this disease might be curable some day.

Thanks for this forum.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's hard for me to comment specifically about your hearbeat without knowing what type of arrhythmia you have. Abnormal heartbeats are common in the general population, and I agree with your doctor that they are not associated in general with HIV medications, including Isentress or Truvada.

BY

I'm hiv positive
Best latest once a day treatment