Can HIV be transmitted to other partner during PEP?
May 19, 2012
After unprotected heterosexual sex with unknown status casual female partner, PEP was started within 8 hours. Is there a risk of potentially transmitting HIV to regular partner in case of unprotected sex?
Response from Dr. Young
Well, let's see- you might have acute HIV infection (for which PEP can reduce, but not guarantee infection).
So, without the proof that you don't have HIV infection, there is possible risk of transmission of the virus to your unprotected sexual partner, regular or irregular.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
- Accidental Intake Of A Double Dose Of HIV Medication
- Atripla And High Liver Enzymes
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.