Can HIV be transmitted to other partner during PEP?
May 19, 2012
After unprotected heterosexual sex with unknown status casual female partner, PEP was started within 8 hours. Is there a risk of potentially transmitting HIV to regular partner in case of unprotected sex?
Response from Dr. Young
Well, let's see- you might have acute HIV infection (for which PEP can reduce, but not guarantee infection).
So, without the proof that you don't have HIV infection, there is possible risk of transmission of the virus to your unprotected sexual partner, regular or irregular.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Basic Metabolic Panel Hiv Irregularities
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- CAN YOU GET A DISEASE FROM ORAL SEX?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.