HIV from performing oral sex on a female?

I guess it (HIV) is different for everybody but how sick and for what periods of time are you sick after you test positive?

I rapid tested at about 60 days after exposure and was negative. The woman who did the test said that the negative was a very strong one (indicated by the position of the line on the paddle) and she thought this was very encouraging that I would show another negative and did not have HIV if I tested again at the 90 day mark.

I am still very worried anyway but trying to be postive and think as little as possible about it.

I started having symptoms about a month after contact with a female masseuse on whom I performed oral sex. I know that it is said in many places that it is rare that men can receive HIV in this way but this was very full cunnilingus. She was hygenically very clean with no bad tastes or ordors.

My symptoms cam out of nowhere. I got nausea one night after dinner and then within a half hour threw up heavy. 3 days later the same thing happened but then the diarreah started.

I have had sore throat (only lasted a few days) dizziness, extreme fatigue and about four night sweats.

I am going back in a month to be tested again (90 day mark) but am wrroied that if these symptoms arent something else, I will have a tough chance at living a reasonably good life with HIV - I am 63, diabetic, with cardio problems and myleodysplastic syndrome. My immune system is already working overtime.

I havent had any symptoms for almost two weeks but extreme fatigue. I have to force myself to walk for exercise and do things around the house that dont wear me out quickly.

Right now, all I can do is wait but I would like opinions on the likelihood of this being HIV based on what I have said and if so, the likelihood of my surviving very long at my age and with my problems. MANY THANKS.

Hi You are correct in that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and the likelihood of you contracting HIV is so very small! The guidelines for testing is to have your initial test at 3 weeks and then again at 3 months, if both test are negative and there were no other risk of transmission during this time then you are HIV negative. From what you have described with your current health issues the symptoms you are experiencing can be from those or you could have a touch of the flu or any other viral infections. You also put yourself at risk for other sexually transmitted infections. If you symptoms continue I would follow up with your health care provider.

Co infection Hep C
HIV symptoms lasting over 3 months?