Haven't Started with my Med

Hi...am 22year old female. Late last year I went to test as I usually did after 3months then found out I was infected with HIV(+) then did all the procedures of taking my blood to the lab to check my CD4count nd I got the results after 2days which they were 451! I was referred to the local clinic with my lab results. When I got there they told me to came back after 3months as my Cd4count hasn't detected that I should start with treatment! After 3months I went there to get my blood took again and the results said my Cd4count had increased to 699 and they still said I must come again after 3months again! On my long wait iv been taking supplements that I buy from the chemist to bust my immune-system so I don't get sick...Am worried that the longer I take to start taking my ARV's I might get sick and my Cd4count could drop! Please help me out what can I do or what advise would u give me that I can do to take initiatives

Hello and thanks for posting.

Current US treatment guidelines suggest treatment for most people living with HIV, assuming that they are able to be adherent to medications. This is a transition from earlier days when we would wait until CD4 counts dropped to lower than normal levels. Your CD4 counts are not terribly low, so there is some time to sort out all of your health issues. This is a time that I work with my patients to get their primary care and preventive medical issues dialed- vaccinations, pap smears, talk of substance use (or over use), diet and exercise. Such strategies are good for your long term health.

I wouldn't waste your money on supplements that purport to improve immunity-- they're largely untested and not validated.

A key thing for you to do at this point (and to answer your question) is to dialog with your care providers about your health and treatment options. Of course, please feel free to write me back at TheBody.com anytime.

BY

Starting the treatment
pills