Please advise

Hi Doctor, I have started my PEP treatment for 10 days. Yesterday, when I rode a motorbike, I was riding a motorbike and received a spit from a stranger on street. At that time, I just noted that it was on my lips, which were intact. I, however, was not sure whether there was any spit in my mouth (such spit may contain some blood). Please advise whether I should extend the days of PEP (Zidovudin and Lamivudin) or use any other type of PEP.

Hi and thanks for posting.

This was such a low risk (if any at all) exposure that I wouldn't recommend changing the duration of your PEP treatment.

missing meds vs colonoscopy
Starting the treatment