missing meds vs colonoscopy

My doctor ordered a colonoscopy for me since I am now over 50, but since I have to fast and clean out my system the entire day before the test I will not be able to absorb my HIV meds. I take Isentress, raltegravir, norvir and truvada. These are the only viable meds for me at this point. Nothing else has gotten the virus under control in the past 12 years. I don't want to take a chance on losing their potency. Is there a way I can get these in IV form for the day before the test? Or is there another options? As I said the test is just because I'm over 50,I have had no problems to indicate getting the test. I'm thinking that if it would cause a problem with the meds, it may be better to forego the test.

Hi and thanks for posting.

First off, I wouldn't postpone getting screening colonoscopy. It's really important and there's at least some evidence that colon cancer is more common among positives than similar-aged negatives.

Missing a single dose of your medications shouldn't cause any risk of drug resistance. Indeed, since you the medications are largely absorbed within a few hours of the dose, if your colonoscopy is in the morning, then all you'd need to do is to take the medications before bedtime. (BTW, there's no IV version).

I hope that helps. BY

worker's comp and needlestick exposure
Please advise