stop taking PEP because of low risk?

HE said there was low risk but I don't know if there was any fluids (pre-cum) that were in me... I went to the ER and started on PEP but the side effects (nausea/tingling/numbness in hands and arms) are starting to get to me ... do you think I should finish PEP or is the risk low enough I can stop? what is the likelihood of infection? I am scared but optimistic and now more cautious... thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's difficult to counsel you about your risk without knowing much more about your exposure and partner.

That said, I try to work with patients to finish a PEP regimen once the decision is made to start. Side effects can be problematic, and should be discussed with someone who knows HIV medications.

BY

Pregnant and on Atripla
Memory loss. Help!