Atripla to Complera

When I first was diagnosed, my V/L was 12,000 and CD4 was in the 300's.

I have been on Atripla for six months now. I still have the flushed feeling and diziness when i take my medication. I have muscle aches in the morning and a tired feeling most of the day. For the past month, I have been having swelling in my ribs and sternum. I spoke with my doctor today and all my labs are good. V/L 92 and CD4 was 596. He suggested I switch to complera because I could be having a side affect to a substance in Atripla. Is this a good move since the Atripla is working and would help me start feeling better?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you could very well have those pesky efavirenz side effects; those the swelling in the chest doesn't.

A switch to an alternate treatment could help- Complera would substitute the NNRTI rilpivirine for the NNRTI efavirenz (and continue tenofovir + FTC). The fatigue, dizziness and flushed feelings that you report should improve with this switch. Be mindful that the medication is less effective in persons with high initial viral loads (not you) and needs to be taken with a meal. Depression has been reported in some patients taking rilpivirine, so this should be watched for. We have had several patients switch off of efavirenz with improvements in their symptoms.

I hope that's helpful, BY

colchicine plus anti-HIV drugs
Mixing Atripla And Extenze