How am I doing?

Hi there! I tested positive in Dec 2011. I only did it on a complete whim. I had no symptoms or health problems whatsoever. I had my initial labs done on 1/23/12 which were: VL 25460, CD4 234. My Doctor decided to start me on Atripla. I've never missed a dose and always take my medicine around the same time (1-3 hr variant). So far, I have not had any complications on it. (Continues to cross fingers)! I went back for my 2 month evaluation on 3/28/12 and my numbers were VL 110, CD4 437. My nurse said I would be undetectable very soon. I feel great and proud that I am keeping everything in check. Ever since diagnosis, I have been very careful not to put myself and others at risk. What confused me was that they said my next appt was in Oct 2012. Now I know I'm new to all of this lol, but is this normal? I also am gastric bypass patient. Do you believe that this helps/hurts anything as far as therapy is concerned?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you're doing terrifically. Your viral load is very near to undetectable levels on a regimen that you're tolerating and being adherent to.

The gastric bypass shouldn't be a problem (so long as the size of the Atripla pill is ok with your doctors), as evidenced by the reduction in your viral load and increase in your CD4 cells.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Worried about possible resistant gonorrhea
Hiv + Sexual relation with wife.