Restraint to meds.

I had sex with someone that is HIV+ , and he is on Atriplea. I am also HIV+ and will be starting this regimen. I wanted to know would I have an restraints to Atriplea since I have not started on any meds?

First, while the transmission of HIV from one positive to another (superinfection) can occur, it's awfully rare.

Further, if the person that you had sex with had an undetectable viral load, the likelihood of transmission is very low too. The only way that you'd acquire Atripla-resistant virus is if that person was also failing treatment with resistant virus. So overall, I'd find your risk if very low.

On the other hand, with all the focus on transmission of HIV, it's important for you to be mindful that unprotected sex also puts one at risk for a wide variety of other sexually transmitted infections, including hepatitis viruses, gonorrhea, syphilis and human papilloma virus (the cause of warts and cervical/anal/oral cancers).

Be well, BY

Sick for months
one more question from nicaragua