May 1, 2012
Can HIV be transmitted from hand holding if you have a small cut? I have recently become paranoid of hand shaking, or holding hands with people at addiction recovery meetings. I am ashamed of this, but want to know if I am over reacting, or how possible it is?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Casual contact is not a way for HIV transmission to occur. If there are cuts, they would have to be new and bleeding and both hands would have to have them.
Nothing to be ashamed of, thanks for asking the questions and getting the answers so that you know!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- What Std Would Cause Lower Back Pain?
- Can A Cbc Give A Hint About Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.