Herbal Medication in cojuntion with HIV meds

I have been diagnosed with HIV a couple of months ago. And I am about to start on meds and I want to incorporate herbal med like Red clover blossom that helps clear the blood. What is safe I don't want to be a toxic over lode.

Hello and thanks for posting.

There's very little data on the safety of red clover and HIV medications. However, there is some data (reviewed on this excellent site from the University of Maryland ) that suggests the potential for drug-drug interactions.

Given the lack of proof of effectiveness and the risk of possible drug-drug interactions, I'd avoid the use of red clover while taking HIV medications.

BY

sex after PEP
who has prescribed Serostim in Portland, Or.?