Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

reliability of hiv 1-2 home tests
Apr 29, 2012

hello dear doctor.one year after i have done vaginal and anal sex with an occasional female partner.i have done the orasure oraquick advance hiv1-2 mucosal test,and i resulted negative.always at one year i have also done the calypte marr aware hiv1-2 mucosal test,and i resulted negative another time.the first test is fda approved,and the second is usaid approved.so i am sure that both of them are reliable.i think in this way.but i need you agree with me,to stay in peace of mind.i hope that you think in the same way,so i can stay quite.another think.i beg you to reply me to my e-mail,because it will be easy to find my personal question,with your reply.because it's difficult for me to navigate in your site.i have not practice.i repeat and beg you to reply to my e-mail.this is a favour that i ask to you.however you can pubblicate the question and the answer in your site.i hope to have a quick reply from you.i am nervous.thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry that I cannot reply to your personal e-mail (which I have erased from the question).

Yes, I can assure you that the tests you had are very accurate if run according to the instructions. Also, having 2 negative tests is additional assurance that you are truly negative 1 year after your possible exposure.

Best, Joe

Previous
so worried like dieing
Next
Risk of Transmission

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.