For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

reliability of hiv 1-2 home tests

hello dear year after i have done vaginal and anal sex with an occasional female partner.i have done the orasure oraquick advance hiv1-2 mucosal test,and i resulted negative.always at one year i have also done the calypte marr aware hiv1-2 mucosal test,and i resulted negative another time.the first test is fda approved,and the second is usaid i am sure that both of them are reliable.i think in this way.but i need you agree with me,to stay in peace of mind.i hope that you think in the same way,so i can stay quite.another think.i beg you to reply me to my e-mail,because it will be easy to find my personal question,with your reply.because it's difficult for me to navigate in your site.i have not practice.i repeat and beg you to reply to my e-mail.this is a favour that i ask to you.however you can pubblicate the question and the answer in your site.i hope to have a quick reply from you.i am nervous.thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry that I cannot reply to your personal e-mail (which I have erased from the question).

Yes, I can assure you that the tests you had are very accurate if run according to the instructions. Also, having 2 negative tests is additional assurance that you are truly negative 1 year after your possible exposure.

Best, Joe

so worried like dieing
Risk of Transmission