|antigen p 24 test
Apr 29, 2012
hello doc , i wanna ask if hiv 1 group o also have the same p 24 as the hiv 1 group m . an ag p 24 test can detect p 24 of hiv 1 group o ??? i did search on net i didnt find an answer , plz waiting ur answer
| Response from Dr. McGowan
The new HIV antigen/antibody Combo tests (4th generation tests) will detect P24 antigen from all HIV-1 Group M and O and HIV-2.
These results can be positive within the first couple of weeks after infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Thrush Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Oral Thrush?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.