Adipex and Truvada/Kaletra?

Is it safe to combine the weight loss drug, Adipex, with the drugs, Kaletra and Truvada? I have struggled with my weight for years and have tried all kinds of things to loss it and keep it off but nothing works. My sister used Adipex and it worked for her so I want to try it but don't know it it will weaken the affect of the other drugs or if it's even safe to combine them.

Thank you so much for the info!

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is no drug interaction between Adipex (phentermine) and your antiretroviral medications (truvada and Kaletra). Phentermine was tested for short term (up to 16 weeks) for weight loss. It is best to use with a diet and excercise program to improve success and allow continued benefit after you stop the medicine. As a side note: use of this medicine may lead to a "false positive" drug screen for amphetamines, so if you have to take drug screend for any reason keep that in mind. Best to work with you doctor to see what the safest plan for weight loss would be for you, these medicines are no a quick fix, it still requires determination and a proper modification of diet.

Good luck, Joe

RASH! Atripla vs. Complera vs. Iccentress & Truvada when is to comes to RASH risk
PEP late by 90min am I ok?