Insulin needle

I am pregnant and have to take insulin. I obtained my medical supplies a few weeks ago and today I went to open another bag of my needles and when opening it I couldn't tell if the bag had already been open. If someone had opened and used a needle that were HIV positive and then I used it, weeks later, would I be able to contract HIV. I doubt this would have happened, but I am pregnant and anxious so thought I would ask to ease my mind. I believe that even in a needle HIV is only viable several days from what I have read, but like I said, I am pregnant and anxious. Please let me know if my fears are unwarranted. Thank you so much for your help.

Response from Dr. McGowan

You are correct. HIV would not survive in a discarded needle once the bllod has been dried out. If you are unsure about the sterility of any of your supplies you should properly discard them and notify the pharmacy to have them replaced.

Best, Joe

chlamydia
RASH! Atripla vs. Complera vs. Iccentress & Truvada when is to comes to RASH risk