|non HIV positive took two atripla tablets for precausion
Apr 26, 2012
i am not HIV positive and got bitten by dog after the dog bit the thief. my doctor put me on ATRIPLA as precaution. i took two tablets only,then stopped entirely, because the thief tested negative for HIV & AIDS. i am male, how soon can my wife & I attempt to conceive a baby since i took the last of the two atripla tablets?
| Response from Dr. Young
Your dog bite is not an exposure to HIV. Period.
There's no risk to you, your wife or planned baby from the HIV risk from the bite or the medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Effect Does Atripla Tablet Have On Someone Without Hiv?
- Can Two Non Hiv-positive People Ever Give Each Other Hiv?
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.