re: which med is it?

Dr. Young,

I thought I was manic depressvie. I went to Psychiatrist. He said I was having medication withdrawl or adverse reaction. Besides the Isentress/Truvada I was taking a 30 mg tamazepam nearly every nite for several yrs.Other drugs included Alodipine and androgel. I built up some resistance to something suspect tamazepam. Over a week later still get waves of edginess, nervous, extreme uncomfort, no appetite, stomach issues, etc. Thee Psych gave me lamictal to take once a day maybe for weeks yet. The worst SEEMS to be behind me but not gone at all. Thats why I stopped everything for now until my mental health returns. After several ER trips and Dr. appts. Answers were hard to come by. No one really knew. Not taking any Valium or tamezpam AT ALL. COULd Isentress or Truvada interact with Benzo to make thing worse? A really bad week or so here. Thanks for any input. The first 3-4 days were extreme unpleasant manicness followed by the big low now comes in waves off and on of the symptoms I explained.

Hello and good to hear back.

There aren't any significant interactions between benzodiazepams, Isentress and Truvada. Sounds to me that you may have multiple other reasons for the symptoms you're experiencing other than the HIV medications, but a careful reassessment of all of your medications and their benefit and side effect profiles is in order.

Hope you feel better soon. BY

milk thistle.
Fatigue extreme tiredness