|blood transfusion to hiv patient
Apr 18, 2012
i know , we cant increse cd4+ count by exchange trasfusion.. But,, i have one question.. Cant we just decrease the viral load by exchange transfusion? And in such a way lenghten the onset of symptoms?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Unfortunately, since there are a lot of HIV-infected CD4 cells that aren't in the circulation (ie, in lymph nodes), exchange transfusion will only transiently decrease HIV viral loads in the circulation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.