antioxidants/anti inflamatories

Sir, I have read that Krill and fish oils reduce systemic inflamation. Another supplement called Astaxanthin is supposed to be an excellent anti inflamatory. Do these nutrients that have anti inflamatory properties reduce the type of systemic inflamation that I read about occurring in HIV+ people? Could they hurt?

Hello and thanks for posting.

There is a lot of attention focused on the effects of inflammation and health and concern about it's role in people living with HIV.

Probably the single best thing that one can do to reduce inflammation is to treat HIV-- it's the main driver of immune activation. After that, the effects of other strategies and supplements is probably minimal, if any. Indeed, while certain anti inflammatory or anti oxidants have been touted to be beneficial for things from heart disease to cancer, there's no reliable information that actually proves this.

So, I'm not sure if there's any benefit, but little evidence (other than the dollars spent) of harm.

Be well, BY

Efavir + Truvada (Question)
antiacids and arvs