The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Apr 17, 2012

I have a gay partner before. after a year, we meet again this month. and after we had sex, i experience some symptoms of gonorrhea. what kind of medicine should i take?

Response from Dr. Young


The issue isn't what medication you should take, but what illness, if any that you have. If you're experiencing symptoms, you should get an evaluation by a health care provider. In addition to gonorrhea, you should have the usual panel of testing for possible sexually transmitted infections, since several can also be asymptomatic (syphilis and HIV).

BTW, treatment for gonorrhea is usually an intramuscular injection of the antibiotic ceftriaxone.


Test are not tell the truth
all meds at once

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint