HIV regimen

I recently switched from a regimen of Prezista, Norvir and Truvada to Prezista, Norvir and Isentress. This was due to some issues after a bone density test and lower than normal levels of phosphorous. It was a pre-emptive type of switch. Any comments on the regimen of Prezista, Norvir and Isentress would be much appreciated.

Q

Hello Q and thanks for posting.

Your new regimen is a bit unorthodox, being 2 fully active regimens, as opposed to the typically recommended 3), but in someone without drug resistance, I'd expect it to be fully active and very well tolerated. Because of the potency of the boosted PI Prezista, I'd not expect the same requirement for a third medication. Certainly, the switch from Truvada to Isentress (raltegravir) should ovoid risk of bone or kidney issues that are at times associated with tenofovir (part of Truvada).

Be well, BY

HIV
Aspen Lamzid and Rabies PEP