Stopping Atripla?

I will be going to a live-in academy soon and will not be able to to take my medication there. I did not list Atripla as current medication I am taking as I am fearful that I would be discriminated against.

Should I continue taking the pill on my nights off? fri,sat, sun. Or completely discontinue the medication? Currently my CD4 is 515 and VL is UD. Thanks a milion

Hello and thanks for posting.

I have to say that I'm not in favor of either of your proposed solutions. First, taking your medications only 3 days a week is a recipe for drug resistance and treatment failure.

As for completely discontinuing medications, I'm also not in favor of this- you're risking loss of your hard-earned CD4s, perhaps at risk of a rapid drop off to your pre-treatment levels and new medical complications. It's better than irreversibly developing drug resistant HIV, so in the short term if this is the only solution, than better than the 4 days off, 3 days on strategy.

I'd have to wonder about an educational institution that wouldn't allow you to take important medications; this information should be entirely protected and confidential.

I hope that's helpful. Let us know what you decide. BY

hiv is a lie. a response
bad news?