failure?

over the past year my cd 4 count has dropped from 1098 to 575. my percentage is the mid 40s and steady. vl is u/d. when i had my latest test i was suffering from shingles. should i be concerned that atripla is failing? ive been on the med for 4 years and never missed a dose. thanks!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your treatment isn't failing. In reality, CD4 counts or HIV viral loads shouldn't be tested in the middle of an infection or after a recent vaccination, since activation of the immune systems can cause your counts to temporarily go out of line. Indeed, the very fact that your CD4% didn't change is entirely consistent with this idea.

Hope that helps and that you're recovering from the shingles. BY

hiv is a lie? response
hiv is a lie. a response