Coming off of SS Disability

Good news is that I've been found to be healthy enough to rejoin the workforce after 4 years on disability. But I'm not sure I can find a job right away, though I'm looking, and what options are there for health insurance, as my Medicare is ending at the same time?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Given the fact that you have been on disability, you will probably not be able to buy an individual health plan as they require medical underwriting with questions about your health and health history.

Depending on what state you live, in you should look to see if your state offers either an open enrollment period or a high risk health pool. Each pool has its own eligibility rules. You can see a list of plans at this link.

You may also want to ask your state's Department of Insurance what else might be available for you.

If you find a job that provides group health insurance to its employees, you can't be refused that coverage because of your health. If you get the coverage within 63 days of your Medicare ending, not counting any probation periods at work to get the insurance, they will not be able to impose a waiting period on your pre-existing conditions.

Good luck, Jacques link

needle stick query
visitin japan